Friday, September 17, 2010

2 yrs old


Well my little man you are two! This post finds us a month and a few days in already. You are ever so active and keep us very busy. You weigh in at 32 lbs, which puts you in the 90th % for your age, height I can't remember exactly but around 34 in (just average). You look like a little firecracker. We will see if that changes with time. You talk all the time and are starting to put together 3 words. You have also started to sing the ABC song which we have to get on video. Polly Parrot if often what we call you, it is pretty cute, except when you repeat others yelling at their children in line at a check out counter.
You are obsessed with planes and jets and have already started learning the parts and types due to new bday books and Mommies stash of books from teaching. For example, you point out water planes, blimps, hot air balloons, runways or things you can use for runways, the blackbirdy (SR71), Harrier, and Hang glider. You also have an opinion on what book to read when.
You are very helpful when cleaning the house and cars. You enjoy wiping things with your own cleaning rag and like to follow me with a push toy when I am vacuuming. Unfortunately you also enjoy putting away the breakable dishes from the dishwasher. Lucky for me I can distract you with the water bottles and placing the straws with the right cups.
You have a good memory, today you reminded me that I needed to buy you yogurt at Kroger bc I forgot to get it at the Commissary. You are very upset when we go on base and don't go get Daddy. As we drive through the gate near the Commissary Daddies office is in site, so it is hard to understand why we can't always go pick up Daddy. You will not walk in a parking lot and say No No Cars coming, Bryce hold Bryce hold. Which is awesome except when I am trying to carry loads of stuff and your 32lbs in one trip. Football season has sparked a new interest. You already hike and love to toss the football to one of us. You also enjoy wearing your Steeler Jersey and like that Daddy has one too.
We went to the dentist for the first time and you got a good report. Your bottom two molars are coming in and then we think you are finished. Also should report that when I thought for sure your ears were bothering you after your surgery....it was really your top two molars. I looked once and didn't notice anything.....so I will apologize now for your/our restless sleeping for over a month of pain and suffering. But there was no drool or other teething signs...unlike now with your bottom molars, your shirts are soaked with drool and something is always in your mouth.
Not so into a lot of TV bc that means you would be sitting still. :) You enjoy Holy Baby and crack us up when you memic the baby and try hard to do the sign of the cross. Baby Einstien's, The Way We Move, is also a favorite. New things you have found an interest in are Super Why (only bc you think that the entire show is Super Why in his rocket), Seasame Street, but only really like Elmo's World, and Sid the Science Kid
We love you and are excited to explore this new world of toddler hood with you.
MMM Chocolate Chip banana cake...

Okay this is an airplane on a runway cake.....but Mommy forgot to get the extra icing so I could outline the plane....it still tasted good.

No comments: