So as our little darling approaches 2 his sleeping just plain stinks! Really he hasn't slept well since he had tubes put in his ears. (Been to the Dr twice and all is great with his ears) My take is we traumatized him as the nurses took him screaming from me and when he woke up we weren't there either. So now for nap or night time he just wants someone in the room until he falls asleep. Which is all well and good if we are talking 5-10 min but NOOO we are talking 30, 45, and hour before he falls asleep. Then he is waking up multiple times in the middle of the night and wanting me to stay in there for the same amount of time. I have talked about his stamina when fighting sleep and he can go for a long time!
So the other day we decided to let him cry it out. Nap time went great, Daddy got him and laughed bc he only kind of had his diaper on. We didn't think much about it.....well fast forward to the 2:00am wake up. I walk in, Momma wet, pee pee. So I think he is telling me that his diaper is extra wet and he wants a new one. I bend down to feel him and pat his naked bum, with the diaper so nicely thrown out to the floor with PJ bottoms still on the diaper. So we get a new diaper and tight PJ pants.....7:00am wake up Momma Momma. This time I can see that his diaper and pants are on the floor. Momma, Momma poop, poop....stink, stink yeah no diaper = Poop in his bed....so change the sheets and just thankful that he didn't play in it. :)
Lucky for us that was a one night thing...the sleeping thing is still painful. I looked up things on line and learned nothing.....but a phase and lots of parents sleeping on their kids floor. Thank goodness Mom is here so she is taking on the nap and 1 st going to bed....lets pray for whatever is waking him up in the night to STOP!
2 comments:
He's growing up!! I'm so sorry about his napping and sleeping issues. Good luck...hopefully it is just a phase. Cute pic at the end.
He is always SO smiley, love that! I'll peruse my extensive sleep book library and see if they touch on this subject :) You need some snapping diapers. They're much harder for the little guys to get off, Ambrose tries daily.
Post a Comment